Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Special Times












Okay, for those of you who watch TLC, I am a "Jon and Kate plus 8" fanatic and on a recent episode it showed how Jon and Kate give each of their kids a special day for just that one kid with the mom and dad. Then I started thinking of how even though we only have 2 kids, our life has pretty much been about Stella, so we are beginning to make an effort of setting aside special times just for Sittre Paige to show her how much we love her. Tuesday night we decided to take her to the carnival in Trussville and she had a blast. She rode everything....twice.....even the alligator rollercoaster. I think my heart was in my stomach because I am a little nervous about some "pop-up rollercoaster" but as jerky as it was, she loved it. When I was watching her last night, laughing and having a great time, she is just such a joy to me. Sittre Paige is certainly my comfort zone child, its just been me and her for 3 years. She has really done a good job of transitioning and having to share her mommy time with another little person! She is such a mini-me and my little helper, and is just so deserving of these "special times" with her mom and dad and her grandad, Pops (which by the way if you notice in one of the pictures, Jared and Pops looking a little to old for the carnival but decided ride anyway? and to top it off raced each other on the big slide). I am hoping her next special time will involve earrings!! She is excited and actually wants her ears pierced like mommy. That should be an interesting event!
Also, today Stella had a Dr. Appt and another RSV prevention shot. She will get this shot through RSV season, so hopefully next month will be her last one for a while. She weighed in at 7 pounds 13 ounces and 20 inches long! I can't believe how big my preemie is getting!! She is filling out in the face so much and staying awake more. Still a great baby, and will turn 7 weeks old on Thursday. The Dr. said she is looking great and we will just continue to do the preemie formula with cereal and hopefully soon she can start regular formula. We go again in 2 weeks. On a side note, we have a friend who is starting out in the photography business, so she came to our house this past weekend and took some random "artistic" newborn pictures of Stella around our house. Hopefully I can post some of those soon but she did a great job and we finally have some good pictures of Stella. From the pictures its hard to believe Stella is 7 pounds because she is still so tiny? The more she grows, the more we realize she might not be looking like me, total bummer. However, the pictures do resemble her Uncle Jacob (my brother) so maybe there could be hope that I look like my brother, and so in return Stella will look like me! Who am I kidding? Stella will probably end up being another girl Jared! How is this fair? Anyway, you decide when I post the pictures!
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers, God is good and so is life at the Jones house.
















3 comments:

  1. I am so happy that Stella is growing. Take lots of pictures because preemies grow and change so fast you will forget how little she was. I had forgotten how little Addyson(who weighed exactly the same as Stella @ birth) was until I look at pictures of Stella.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the pictures! Girl, you look great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen! Hey it is Rosalyn Willis...now Parker.
    I found you through Michele's page...
    Your girls are beautiful!
    I can't wait to see pictures of Stella.
    Just wanted to let you know that I am on here too, we live in Auburn now but are moving back to B'ham this summer.

    ReplyDelete