Friday, January 8, 2010

Emergency Room and Engagements

Does the blog title scare you? I know, we have officially started off 2010 with a bang!!! Literally, I guess.
This past Monday we where getting ready for my cousin's birthday/engagement party that night. Well the party was at 6pm so I was scrabbling trying to get the girls ready, because Jared walks in the house everyday from work at 5 so I was going to get him to feed Stella and then we would be off. So I was running behind, of course, and 5:15 I had a clean baby that was hungry and another child with a wet head. Sittre Paige always stands in a little chair in the bathroom that allows me to blow-dry her hair and brush her teeth. So I am finishing up my makeup and Sittre Paige is on her own planet, jamming out in the chair to the music in her head, waiting for me to come over and blow-dry her hair, and out of the corner of my eye, I see her foot slip. I turn my head and she is in mid-air, I leap to try and catch her but too late she falls and slams her head into the corner of the wall. I pick her up, trying to console her while she screams "my head hurts", so I turn her around and all I see is blood running through the back of her hair. Oh yes, many know that I am a "freaker-outer", but I really felt I kept my composure, for my daughter. I knew she was hurt. So Jared threw me a towel and I figured all I could do was apply pressure to the wound until it would stop bleeding then we could see exactly what kind of wound it was. So of course I am praying the whole time, because I don't know, if you have ever experienced a head injury but there happens to be lots of blood. Much, much more it seems than when she just falls and scraps her knee or something. So they towel is soaking up the blood and I finally peel it off her scalp to reveal a very tiny gash. Certainly nothing to be severly alarmed about but it didn't take rocket science to know that it was a gash that needed a couple stitches. Long story short, I refused to go to Childrens downtown e.r. to sit there for 20 hours, so we ended up calling the children's hospital on Acton Road and thank the Lord they have "after hour care" and said to just come on. So we threw everyone in the car thinking it would be a quick trip and we could get to the party. Well, is anything ever quick in the medical world??!! No. We walked in at 5:45 and walked out at 8pm. I know, I was totally bummed out. I wanted so badly to be at the party for my cousin. I tell you, kids. They just can sometimes totally bust up your plans. Anyway, posted some pictures of us in the hospital room.




3 Stitches

hanging out waiting on the numbing creme to kick in. Which took about 45 minutes, but it was worth it because Sittre Paige didn't even flinch when the Dr. was putting the stitches in.

Since we missed the party, I put up a picture of my cousin and her future husband, Cory. We love him so much. He and his Dad own Big Boltons Barbeque in Springville. He is soooo funny and down to Earth. I am really excited about him becoming part of the family!! I hate we missed their engagement party but we are super excited for them and can't wait to be there for them on the big day!! Congratulations Cory and Kaitlin!!!

Jared also had a cousin get engaged this past weekend. Her name is Kerry and she got engaged in Central Park in New York City......I know, amazing right??!! We are super excited for her and her future husband Danny. Congratulations Danny and Kerry!! Looks like an eventful year already for both our families.

1 comment:

  1. SP is getting SO BIG and so GROWN UP!! I really can't believe it! But I haven't seen her since October??! Glad the stitches were painless. And congrats to your cousin!!

    ReplyDelete