Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Vacation??? I think NOT.

Let me just first start off by saying that we are so blessed. I feel like a lot of my blogs are sort of "debbie downer". We are just a family who doesn't have the best of luck at times. But we love Jesus and know He is at work in our lives and in our family. We have total faith in Him and His plans for us. Not to mention, we always have excitement in our family, if something actually went smoothly for us I would be nervous because that just wouldn't be our "normal"!

We left for Orange Beach Saturday morning and we were so excited. We had planned to stay until Wednesday. My parents, Pops and Lovey, went down with us and planned to return on Monday. It started off us leaving the horrible weather in Birmingham, it rained the whole time we drove down. Wish I could say this was the worst part.

We arrived around 2, and stopped at the Foley Outlet to do a little shopping, it was sprinkling but there was nothing else to do, so we shopped. We arrived at the condo around 4, ate dinner, mom and I went to target to get some essentials then headed back to go to bed. Around 2 am, Jared woke up and said he didn't feel well. He got up walked to the bathroom and all of a sudden.......well for lack of a better term, lets use the word "purge" for throw-up........so Jared started to "purge", probably everything he ate the whole day. This took place almost the whole night. Sunday morning came and he was in bed the rest of the day.

So Sunday morning my mom and dad and I and the girls take an early morning beach walk. It was so nice and you could tell it was going to be a beautiful day. On our way back to the condo my dad says he doesn't feel well. All of a sudden he begins to "purge" on the beach. Let's just say it was alot. He goes back to the condo to "purge" some more and then lay down.

They were dropping like flies. Just my mom and I and the girls now. We grab our beach chairs and head to the beach. Found out Stella hates the sand so my mom held her the whole time, or she would actually just sit on the beach towel for a while. It was actually a nice day on the beach. My dad came out around lunch and seemed to feel better. Sunday night we went out to eat, dad and Jared were starting to feel better so I thought okay, Monday should be great. We went back to the condo to have cake and ice cream because did I mention it was my birthday??? Yes, lovely birthday huh? We got in bed early to make sure everyone would be rested. Around 11 pm, SP wakes up screaming and "purges" all over the place. This would take place all night. Monday morning came and I was over the whole trip. SP was lifeless, no energy, so for fear of anyone else getting sick we packed up and headed home. SP laid around the rest of the night.

So far Stella and I have escaped what looks like a virus. All is better in the Jones house right now. SP has held down gatorade and a banana. Looks like a 24 hour thing? But nonetheless, we are home, the trip was a, ummmmm, okay it was a bad nightmare but the one good day on the beach was sort of worth it. My sweet parents did everything they could to make my 27th birthday a good day!!! I am so lucky! The best birthday gift of all is that everyone's health is beginning to be restored.

Well, thats a glance at the vacation. If you even want to say, vacation. Glad to be home and see SP up and running around again. Seeing your children sick is sheer torture. Thats the only way I know how to describe it. We will try the beach again in June with lots of prayers. Here are some pictures of our one good day.


The one time Stella actually didn't make anybody hold her. She was standing on the beach towel though.


My mom made SP a mermaid tale. Because this is what Sittre Paige wants to be when she grows up.

SP playing in the sand.


Stella hanging out in the condo. Is she not precious?? I want to just eat her up!!

Feeding the birds.


Feeding the birds. My favorite part of the beach. I love when you throw up a piece a bread and all of a sudden you are surrounded by a billion birds. Stella is obsessed with birds so this was her favorite part too. (Notice in this picture my mothers legs. I mean look at those Tina Turner legs!!! She is a beast, all muscle. She is going to kill me for that, but she is so awesome!)

Stella's first time on the beach. This picture was shot right before she started screaming.

Pops and SP getting water in the princess bucket.

My diva. She is sporting all her Hello Kitty gear. When we were at the outlet we took her into Claire's and let her have a hay-day. She went crazy, picked out some flip flops, Hello Kitty sunglasses and case, a Hello Kitty necklace and bracelet, and of course some glitter fingernail polish. She is so fun, all girl.

My favorite picture of the whole trip. This is what happens when a 4 yr old puts on her bathing suit by herself. Not quite sure what happened here but I think the leg part is around her waist? Either way we were on the floor in tears. SP makes me laugh so hard.
Okay, atleast got a few good pictures. Say a prayer you NEVER have a "vacation" like this. Jared and I are determined to look back on this and laugh really hard. Might be a while though.

4 comments:

  1. OMG! Bless your heart.....what an awful thing to happen on vacation! I hope everyone is 100% soon....nothing worse than a stomach virus. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! I know it shouldn't be funny, but this whole post made me laugh. Especially SP's bathing suit in the last pic. Your right, if it had been perfect then you probably wouldn't know how to act. We can all go out in town and celebrate your b'day if you'd like? Or I can keep your girls and Jared can take you out by yourself. Let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristen - these pictures are so GREAT but so funny too! Poor SP - she's going to KILL YOU one day for posting that last pic! :) I'm sorry the trip didnt go AS planned. Lets pray June is better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristen - sorry your vacation didn't turn out quite like you hoped! Hope everyone is feeling better! Thanks for your sweet comment about me going back to work! I really appreciate it!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete