Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Giver

One of my most precious friends, Bonnie, had her baby boy today. Carter Anthony Moore weighed in at 6 pds 9 ounces. I wasn't suppose to actually visit today but could barely contain myself and my baby fever so after I heard he had arrived this morning, I hopped in the car.
I don't know if there is anything more precious than holding a "couple hours old" baby. wow. I just can't thank God enough for life. I mean as I was holding Carter, I looked up at Bonnie and said, "How can anyone look at a baby and not believe there is a living God?" Seriously, I can barely wrap my head around this. Of course, everytime I see a newborn I think of Jeremiah 1:5 which says, a. before I formed you in the womb I knew you.
I mean, you just think about the 9 months of growing, and then birthing and then holding and loving on the angel, all the while knowing that God knows His children even before He forms them. wow. I don't know thats just amazing stuff to me. Today and everyday I praise Him, the giver and taker of life. No matter what, HE is enough. I praised Him today for Carter's life. I also praised Him in January when He called my sweet grandmother home. Because He is worthy of ALL praise, in life and death. HE is enough.

Psalm 127:3 Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.

Thank you God for your truly breathtaking rewards.

2 comments:

  1. Aww love you Kristen! Thanks for the sweet post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen-

    I say that all the time! Having a child is nothing short of a miracle and one only He is capable of!

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete