Sunday, August 7, 2011

This is where we have been

Wow. I am bad. waaaaay bad. Here are some pictures of us and our summer and basically whats been going on since my last post in April :( Please forgive me, I practically dedicated my summer to Sittre Paige since she starts Kindergarten on TUESDAY!!! yes I am very sad. No need to check on me, I'm going to go ahead and let you know now I will be a basketcase. I teared up at Meet the Teacher and Parent Information Meeting and really couldn't even think to much about the process of filling out all the paperwork because I would tear up there too. This is a sad reality, that I now actually have a kindergartener, I'm only 28, shouldn't this be years away for me?!? Bottom line, she is a precious child, she got an amazing K5 teacher, the coolest "back to school" clothing and God is good. Sittre Paige is one of those children that someone like ME doesn't deserve.

Monday will be filled with excitement as we gear her up for her 1st day of school with a dentist appointment, a hair appointment and we are getting her nails painted. I know, I know, this is crazy but she is really excited so we are going to have a good last day of summer!


Enjoy our past 3 months, these pictures are out of order, but just got to get them up for family :)



Scary picture to start out right? This was a kid-free trip to Hilton Head, SC and Savannah, Georgia for my brothers graduation weekend. That is my brother Jacob in the window of a "haunted" house while on the late night Haunted Tours of Savannah. He graduated from college in Hilton Head so Jared and I packed up our bags for the weekend with NO kids and a vow to have lots of fun!!!



Walking in downtown Savannah, look at my sweet husband across the street who made it across but sadly I did not. Wasn't that sweet he helped me get across? sarcasm.
Beautiful church in Savannah


Our tour guide on the Haunted Tour. Okay here is the background info on why we decided to take this tour. First we had no kids, did I mention that?, so we wanted to fit in as much as we could with such little time we had. We took the 10pm night tour, we took this tour more for the history of Savannah and less for the hauntings, even though by the end of the night it does get more intriguiging. This was the most fabulous tour guide filled with information! I highly reccommend this tour if you ever make it to Savannah. It is fabulous.



Shopping in downtown Savannah after eating at Paula Deen's restuarant, which was yummy by the way.


Hanging with my parents in Savannah. My mother-in-law was so precious to keep my babies so Jared and I could get a weekend to ourselves. Thank you Nanny.


My brothers graduation banquet. This was actually a great shot of my dad because the rest of the time he cried like a little baby :) Just kidding dad.




Easter, the girls dying their Easter eggs


Sittre Paige and her friend Bentley at the easter egg hunt at her school, they were scouting out where to run


The girls in their Easter dresses. Mommy went low-key this year and bought the dresses instead of making them with my mother-in-law. I know she was glad since the year before was my first dress sewing project and required lots of help :)


The girls Easter baskets, they got beach bags this year


A trip to Atlanta to see our Aunt Caris and you can't go to Atlanta without having GiGi's cupcakes.


Shrek Ears



Shrek


So Aunt Caris is actually mommy's best friend and she got myself and the girls tickets to Shrek the Musical at the Fox Theater in Atlanta, so we loaded up the girls and had a great time. The girls actually sat still the entire time, this was probably one of my favorite musicals too. We love our Aunt Caris, she gets us in to really cool shows!!


Childrens Theater with SP's 4k class


4k End of the Year program, Superhero's for Jesus was the theme


SP's last day of 4k, making a bear


4k End of the year party. thought this picture was extra cute. Stella had to help SP out with all the games:)


The girls with Mrs. Newberry, SP's 4k teacher


Sittre Paige had her dance recital in May, she did clogging last year and really enjoyed it. She will be taking her 2nd yr clogging starting in a couple weeks


SP and Poppy at the recital


Saturday morning pancakes with daddy :)

Rehearsal Dinner at Big Boltons, my cousin Kaitlin got married in June and my babies were the flowergirls

okay, please don't judge me. I have a problem at weddings. Actually me and my brother have a problem at weddings. When we hear the music start, we flood the dancefloor. Can't help it, its in our blood. we love music. and we love to shake it. I feel better for letting that out.

SP and Jacob at the wedding



My family before the wedding. Stella can never take a normal picture by the way



Stella shaking her booty on the stage


Our summer had begun once we broke out the sprinkler and the umbrellas


Fathers Day, SP made breakfast for her, Stella and daddy. forget mommy, I'm no good when Jared's around. But I had to laugh when he had to eat the cereal that had obviously sat there for atleast 30 minutes before SP was done preparing and then daddy had to eat it up :)

My 10 yr Highschool reunion, had a great night out with my hubby

The girls 1st lemonade stand. and guess who spent their time drinking all the lemonade??? They made 7 bucks with the help of our wonderful neighbors

spent alot of our time at the pool this year. please don't judge me for the swimmies. I know, SP is 5 and still has on swimmies, she has security issues. These did actually come off by the end of the summer and now she is free and bouncing around the pool without them

We visited friends in Fairhope and Daphne this summer


We went to lake a good bit too this summer


This picture makes me laugh. Jared took Stella on a date to Chik-fil-a and if they dressed up like cows they got a free meal, this picture was taken before he put on her cow ears and nose. but hey it was a free meal and a good time for just daddy and Stella

and lastly enjoyed some movies at the theater this summer


I will return with Kindergarten pictures and a few tears.

2 comments:

  1. Love all the new pictures! Your girls are so cute and remind me so much of mine! You look great too! Did y'all sell your house? Don't feel bad about the blog...I'm a terrible blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I wouldn't worry about the swimmies I was still using em at 10! And no one cared.

    ReplyDelete