Saturday, February 20, 2010

A year ago today

I am so excited to post this blog because a year ago today we brought home the most beautiful angel on the planet. My baby Stella. Just saying her name makes me want to eat her up! She has come so far and grown so much! She is right on track, she didn't want to be labeled a preemie so she stepped up to the plate and caught up with her age!! She is 50% in weight and 65% in height!! She weighed 20pds and 29 1/2 in long at her 12 month check up. She talks, walks and brings so much joy into this family. I looked back at all the blogs we posted this time last year and just........you guessed it, cried. Oh my, the emotions we experienced for our daughter was overwhelming just reading about them. I am so thankful for my husband starting this blog, I have so enjoyed sharing our life and most importantly being able to document my Stella's first year of life! I can't wait to see where we are at this time next year!!
Bringing home baby. Do you realize how tiny she is??! I mean this is a baby car seat and she was too tiny for it!! We had to add extra padding just to keep her from tossing back and forth. When we left the hospital she was barely 5 pounds!! This scares me just to think about it!!! I can't believe I nurtured a 5 pound baby!!!


One year ago, this picture was taken right before we loaded the car to bring Stella home. I love thinking about this moment! I was so ready to get her home! 21 days in the NICU!!



This was us tonight with our preemie! Yes, she has grown up quite a bit, its amazing what a year can do. And look you can see her hair poking out from her head!! She is growing some!! yeah!!! We will be proud of the day she stops getting called a boy! (If you are wondering about the christmas baby that is finding its way into all our pictures, our wonderful Aunt Joy bought this for Christmas and Stella will NOT put it down, this is her "baby" and we can't leave the house without it or go to bed without it. She absolutely LOVES this baby. She actually learned how to say the word "baby" and if its not in sight she will continue to say it until someone finds it and brings it to her. Thank you Aunt Joy for giving us the Christmas spirit all year long!)

Upcoming events for our family:
Feb 27th-Stella's birthday party with her 2 friends Hudson and Clara
March-With the help of my wonderful Mother-in-law I have decided to make the girls Easter dresses this year. I am major excited about my first sewing experience. Pray for my mother-in-law for taking on the teaching.
April-week long beach trip with my precious family. Can't wait to be on the sand!
May-SP's 1st Dance Recital, SP's 3k graduation and Mother's Day Weekend in Georgia at my Aunt Tracy and Uncle Davids house with my entire family (debating with my husband if we are going to take our girls to the American Girl Store or the Cabbage Patch Hospital to get some dolls for them)
June-SP will be a flowergirl in Jared's cousin Kerry's wedding. She is thrilled to say the least, we have this down to an art.
I will stop here, I am already overwhelmed.

1 comment:

  1. American Girl all the way!!!!! Who knows what Cabbage Patch is anymore? haha! :)

    ReplyDelete