Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Lights out...

The jaundice lights are out, which is another big step towards getting better. Stella had another good day....she is up to 25cc's of formula and should be up to 29cc's after the night is over. That is almost 1 ounce of formula every 3 hours. She also had her nasal oxygen tube removed, which means we can see more of her precious face. They told us that when her IV goes bad next it will not be put back in, but they didn't want to remove a good IV until it went bad. So whenever that happens she will only have a few monitoring wires left on her. Today she seemed much more alert. Kristen got to comb her hair after her wipe down and also put baby lotion on her. The next thing that we need to make progress on is her heart rate drops. She is still having at least 1 heart rate drop every 24 hours. Once she can go several days without having one, then we will be on an 11 day countdown as I had mentioned in a previous post. We got to put her in a gown before we left her tonight. I will post pictures of those sometime Thursday. We appreciate all of the prayers which have helped us be strong in this tough time.

Jared

2 comments:

  1. Goodmorning.
    I am so glad to hear that Stella is still getting better everyday. I know Kristen loved being able to comb her hair and care for her! I am also sure it felt wonderful to leave her in a gown last night!! Kristen, thank you for your sweet comments! In the midst of everything ya'll are going through, it really meant alot to me. I love you girl. Praying for you ( and my bible study group is to and will be lifting sweet Stella and the rest of you in prayer this morning around 9... Stay strong. Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen,
    I'm so sorry to hear your newest addition is in the NICU. I don't know if you know this, but my youngest (now 1-year-old) spent 8 days in the NICU after being born at 39 weeks with a grade 4 bleed on the brain. He was medivac to Children's in Birmingham less than 24 hours after being delivered and I was discharged early to go with him. We had no clue anything was even wrong until he starting seizing a few hours after birth.

    Needless to say, those were ABSOLUTELY the LONGEST and MOST TRYING 8 days of my life. Plus, having it be Christmas AND a [then] 2 1/2 year old made it so incredibly hard on my husband and I.

    With that said, I know what you are going through and I am praying for you and your family. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and soon your Stella will be home with your family!

    With lots of Prayer,
    Amanda (Oliver) Zaremba
    themomjob.net

    ReplyDelete