Monday, February 2, 2009

Mommy's Turn

Today was hard....for me, her mom. Stella is doing well. She did have four heart rate drops today, which ultimately means she will still recieve the caffeine shots. This seems to be the norm, especially for babies under 35 weeks and under 5 pounds. The nurse said Stella was doing real good because they see babies that have 18-30 a day, so yes, we are blessed. They upped her formula to 12cc's by tommorow morning, she is a hungry preemie (like her dad...just not a preemie). This is good, the more weight, the less problems. They did put a blue light on her because her jaundice count was a little high. Other than that things are about the same, she seems to be improving. I am so thankful to God for this baby. She is just an angel. I did cry alot today . This is so hard, I took forgranted the day I walked out of the hospital with Sittre Paige. No one wants to see their child suffer and looking at Stella today was overwhelming. I couldn't look at her without tears in my eyes, its hard to be at home without her and then even worse leaving the NICU to come home. I know this is God's plan for our life. I am so thankful that God HAS a plan for our life. Sometimes this life is just hard, so that is how I am going to sum up our life right now. Please continue to pray for the day I can love on my baby. I long for this day. Thank you all.

4 comments:

  1. Kristen you are an AMAZING mom and Stella is in GREAT hands. Hang in there sister. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Im praying for ya'll!! I know this has to be so tough!! I cant wait until she gets to go home with ya'll too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to stop by and check on you guys to see how Stella is progressing. I'm so sorry that you guys are going through this tough time and Pamela and I are praying for Stella that she will be healthy and get stronger so you can take her home soon! We are trusting God for you guys and know that he does have a plan for you and Kristen... God loves you guys so much and has everything under His control to bring her health and strength. Your family is in our prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kristen: I saw your blog on FB, didn't know you had your "gift" yet. I see she is very tiny. I talked to your Mom a few weeks ago and she told me what a Blessing you had been to her. You know we reap what we sow, so your blessings will be plentiful. I am sorry for your heartaches right now but you and I both believe in The Most High and children are so special to Him. Just keep the faith and believe that He is holding Stella and your family in the palm of His hand. I will pray, you can count on me. Can't wait til all your prayers are answered. Let me know if I can help you in any way.

    ReplyDelete