Saturday, February 21, 2009

Welcome Home Baby






We are home. Friday was busy from leaving the hospital to getting settled in our house, Saturday we were tired from the first night alone home with our baby and explaining to Sittre Paige why her sister came home....apparently she thought Stella would live at the hospital and today we hung out with our 2 girls. We are adjusting to having 2 kids....balancing attention can be hard, but Sittre Paige has been awesome. Being 3 years apart is a good thing, she loves looking at Stella and feeding "her" baby when I feed Stella but also she is old enough to play by herself. Right now, its good. On another note, having a preemie is a little different, we are struggling with some of the feedings, Stella won't stay awake, or she has massive spit-up from reflux.....I mean we are talking coming out the nose...yuck. So feedings are sometimes tough and extremely messy but other than that she is pretty much asleep. I think the longest we have seen her awake is probably 20 minutes. She can sleep through anything, they say that NICU babies adapt to alot of noise and she certainly has. Nothing wakes her up, not even sister's singing...a.k.a...screaming. We have Stella's first Dr. appt in the morning at 8:30, which should be interesting because we have lots of questions. But other than that, we are doing great thanks to all our family and friends. I posted a picture of our beautifully decorated door with a welcome home sign and a basket with diapers, wipes, and some great goodies! There was no card that said who did it. So I just wanted to take time to thank the "anonymous", it really is such a wonderful feeling to have friends that give all the glory to God and truly do things from their heart.....Matthew 6:3-4. (although I did find out....thank you Crys and Abbie!) One of the biggest blessings that God has given me is my precious friends. I am truly grateful and hope one day I can be the same kind of blessing that they are to me. Also we have an Aunt who constantly goes above and beyond for us, Joy, brought us some groceries and her homemade lasagna so that we wouldn't have to get out. We love her more than she will ever know and are so thankful for her!! I really want to be just like her, she is one of the most giving people I have ever known!
I also posted some pictures of our closet, a.k.a. "the family room" we stayed in Thursday night, and then a picture of us leaving Friday morning with our baby Stella.
Okay, its been a looong 3 1/2 weeks but we made it!!! It felt like we would never get here!!! So now we sit back and watch Stella grow. Our Savior and your prayers got us here, we can't say thank you enough!

2 comments:

  1. This is great news guys! I'm so glad to see all is well now. Praise goes up to Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please check out this blog....their unwavering faith went straight to my heart...try to start at beginning....

    http://themcclenahans.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete